Sunday 15 August 2010

Pardon?

First of all I better apologise to the neighbours for my little slip on Saturday morning....I was tired and as Deputy Blog said out of all the buttons to hit I managed to hit the "big red one"

Anyway as many of you know its the Studland Beer festival and Gareth and I popped over on Friday to ensure all was OK and liaise with staff at the Bankes Arms.

Drinking and boating don't mix so we went to offer advice as we walked down to South Beach a group of foreign tourists stopped and asked Gareth a question........

"Where is the white hairy dog"...Gareth repeats, "you mean you have lost your dog?"

Now I'm never one to see a mate suffer and thought as a responsible Station Officer I better step in at this point.

"Gareth, she actually said where are the OLD HARRY ROCKS"

With directions we sent them on their way.....Im still working out how it went wrong but in fairness I dont have a strong German accent!

No comments: