Tuesday 20 June 2017

Bella takes a tumble




The Swanage team were tasked to the Downs in Swanage for ''Bella' who had gone down the cliff about 60 feet yesterday afternoon.

The team carried out an immediate rescue deploying a rope technician to secure the dog from falling any further. There was concerned the owner was with the dog and that's the reason for the rapid deployment of the team.  Thankfully the dogs owner had gone to the NCI lookout to report the dog and walked along the beach to find where it was.

The St Albans Coastguard team were called to support the Swanage team and assisted in recovering the technician and the dog to the top of the cliff.

All were reunited at the top of the cliff and Bella received no injuries

#keepdogsonleads

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As the owner of Bella, i would like to say a big,big thankyou to all the people that were involved in saving her life as she means the world to me. I would also like to thank the children who kept me company at the bottom of the cliffs and were keeping me up to date with what was going on at the top and the offer of water. I am a regular who donates to the life boat and coastguard charities but there will be a bigger one coming your way. Thankyou so much for all the good work that you do. Paul

Unknown said...

As the owner of our dog Bella, I would like to say a big,big thank you to everybody that was involved in saving her life and in some respects my own, because without her i would be lost.I would also like to thank the teenagers who kept me company and constantly informed of what was going on up at the top of the cliff and the offer of water. You were all heroes in my book and i will never forget what you all did. I have always known what an important part of peoples lives on the coast you take, even more so now. Thank you all so much. Paul, Heather & Bella.