Thursday 3 November 2011

Seals

I spy with my little eye… a white fluffy thing at the base of the cliff




Oh it’s only a seal pup!

Snoozeling



We’re coming to the end of the seal pupping season in this area (it's later up north). If you are lucky enough to see one please try and resist the temptation to get too close as mummy seal won’t be far away. (These shots were taken on a 300mm lens).

It is about five years since we have been called to a seal pup that apparently had been abandoned. Perhaps more likely was that the mother was scared off by all the attention people were giving it on the beach under The Grand Hotel.

On this occasion the Seal Sanctuary stepped in to assist; they named her Narla. 

2 comments:

carolyn clayton said...

Hi there

I am sorry to bother you; but am hoping you can help me. I work for SEA LIFE and I have been asked to help them with their online marketing and go about changing some links pointing to the wrong website.

I see you have a link going to http://www.sealsanctuary.co.uk/corn1.html on this page http://swanagecoastguard.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Seals

Since April this year, that website is no longer the official Cornwall Seal Sanctuary anymore, but this site is: http://www.visitsealife.com/Gweek. I wondered if the link on your website could be changed so that it points to the official Gweek Seal Sanctuary website please? If you need any more information or validation please let me know.

Sorry to be a pain. There is no rush for this, but if you could let me know if you can change it, that would be great.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Carolyn Clayton
01952 401849
Official Gweek Seal Sanctuary

CG said...

Hi Carolyn, all changed as requested, no problems.