Sunday 25 January 2009

All is revealed!!!

After 4 months the fencing is down!!!

There were lots of people looking around the outside of the new Coastguard Station today, trying to peer through the windows; nothing untoward, just interested. (…and I do mean lots 30 +)

The number of people who sneaked around the back of the building to have a look, and then ran off after seeing the security cameras did make me laugh! These cameras are tamperproof and linked through to Portland Operations room that can task either us or the Police in the event of an incident. They’ve got some night vision thingy on them so Portland will probably be able to watch the foxes and badgers that live locally – Bill Odie styleee.

Sadly I haven’t got a photo of what happened when the actual fence came down so have had to improvise. Please bare with me, I know it’s a wall, and loads of Germans but it’s the best I can do.



Swanage residents celebrate the fence coming down!

No comments: