Saturday 2 February 2008

Looking after the environment


The other day whilst out for a walk, I came across three young chaps on the parish slipway having some fun with some red ribbon. Whilst I never what to spoil any bodies fun (I was once there myself) ,I was a little concerned that this ribbon was being spread along the beach, around the rocks and into the water. Calling over to them to come and have a chat, I explained whilst it was no doubt fun, had they considered what would happen if they left the stuff on the beach, what would happen if they were swimming and got caught up in it ?, let alone what it would do to the marine life? Im very pleased to say they stopped, gathered up the stuff and placed it in the bin. (it was later collected by the patrol to ensure it didnt end up back on the beach)
In this day and age where some are ready to condone the actions of the young, credit to these guys who realised their actions could have led to an accident.

No comments: