Wednesday 6 February 2008

Always on duty

The other day a colleague at work said to me, Ian don't you ever stop and have some time to yourself? The answer was simple.........of course I do, it just happens that a lot of my interests happen to be linked to the Coastguard.

The rescue work is the serious side of the job but even when I'm out walking, taking pictures , talking to different people and generally enjoying the area we live in, I've always got my eye on what people are doing out on the water.
The other day, I was having a walk out to Peveril Point, camera at the ready and .......


That does'nt look right......quick phone call to Portland Coastguard (our operations room) to let them know what I'm watching, and the next thing the patrol were standing next to me! On this occasion, it was a simple tow in and details taken, so I left the matter in the hands of the team and continued my walk, watching those on the water.

You never know, even a Lifeboat blog writer might need a hand sometimes!


1 comment:

lifeboatjohn said...

Cheeky beggar....as if I was in any difficulty! Merely a pitstop whilst the missus went for chips!

Still enjoying the blog!

jg