The weather is on the turn again.
Wind is increasing to gale force 9 , see the shipping forecast.
There are weather warnings in place of rain and wind , an amber warning is in place for rain in Devon.
Ground conditions are now a problem due to the amount of rain received recently so if you are out on a coastal walk take care.
11.12 The environment agency has just issued this :
A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for East Coast of Dorset.
Flooding is possible for Castletown, Weymouth, Preston Beach, Swanage Bay, Studland Bay, Sandbanks, Poole Harbour, Bournemouth Beach, Hengistbury Head and Christchurch Harbour this afternoon and early evening.
Low lying coastal land and roads will be affected first.
This Flood Alert affects the whole of the East Coast of Dorset particularly at Preston Beach. The time and date of the forecast high water for which this Flood Alert is in force is 05:30 pm (Local time) on Saturday 06/02/2016
The forecast wind direction is southerly
The forecast wind strength is Force 8
Strong winds and waves will affect coastal paths, harbour walls and promenades from mid afternoon onwards.
The following Flood Alert will remain in force for at least two hours following the time of high tide.
We will be monitoring the situation carefully and will update this message if the situation deteriorates.
Stay tuned to radio weather, news and travel bulletins on Heart Solent, BBC Radio Solent, Wave 105, Wessex FM and The Bay.
- Be prepared to protect yourself and your property.
- Keep your colleagues informed about the situation.
- Be careful along beaches, promenades, coastal footpaths and roads.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.gov.uk/environment-agency for river level and flooding information.
- Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial 04532 for up-to-date flooding information.
Flood Warning Duty Officer - Blandford
Area Incident Room
Dorset DT11 8ST
Floodline: 0345 988 1188
In a Maritime or Coastal Emergency call 999 and ask for Coastguard