Sunday 21 April 2013

Cliff Rescue - ISIS


Swanage Coastguard IRT Team were this afternoon tasked to assist our local Coastguard Rescue Helicopter 106 'Rescue One-O-Six' in the rescue of a climber who had fallen 75ft 30ft from a remote climbing spot the 'Isis' area, Cattle Troughs, close to the western mile marker, Durlston.

The climber was airlifted to hospital.

**25/04/13 Casualty recovering well. (see comments) - We'll pass his thanks onto the R106 Helicopter Team.

R106 - Ready to winch
(Credit: Dragatis)
R106 - Casualty Extraction
(Credit: Dragatis)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am that casualty in the picture! I should firstly say that the coastguard team were amazing, what a team they are.

Secondly, I probably fell about 30ft, definitely not 75.

I have some broken bones - ribs, back, and at the time had a collapsed lung. Thanks to these guys I got to A&E in good time, in as much comfort as one could expect for the severe injuries I have, and am now home and walking (gingerly) about.

CG said...

Hi, its always great to hear that casualties are doing well.

All the best in your recovery, we hope that you are back climbing once all sorted. Swanage CG Team.

(I've amended the blog to 30ft)