Monday 24 December 2012

Swanage Landslip update

Good morning day 4 of operation slippery slope.

A quick patrol along the beach this morning and there seems to be no significant slips overnight just a couple of very minor ones, but there is a possibility of this changing if we get the rain that is forecast.

One of the issues we now face is that any of the clay from the cliff that has been washed onto the beach is getting covered in sand when the tide comes in, as I found out this morning these patches of sand are very very soft and I now have dirty boots, luckily for me the other two with me managed not to laugh to much to help me out.

This picture was taken an hour before high water and as you can see there is not a lot of room and there is the possibility of people getting cut off by the high tide.


Please stay safe and enjoy your Christmas with family or friends and not with the Swanage Coastguard team trying to rescue you.

No comments: