Monday 27 September 2021

Walker airlifted from Coastal Path


 The Swanage and St Albans Coastguard teams were tasked this afternoon to a walker near to the western mile markers. 

The team located a female Walker who had fallen on the lower coastal path causing a serious leg injury. Due to the location being a mile to the nearest road and with difficult terrain the helicopter was requested to assist in the extraction of the injured lady. 

The teams supported the helicopter crew before the lady was winched to the aircraft and on to Poole. 

1 comment:

Christine Millar said...

Hi
I am the lady rescued by you on Thursday 16th September.
I would very much like to offer my most sincere thanks to all personnel, Coastguard and helicopter. At all stages of my rescue I was kept informed and treated with kindness, respect and professionalism by everyone.
For information
I sustained a spiral fracture of my left femur which required surgical fixation. I spent 10 days in Poole Hospital and am now recovering at home in Lichfield, Staffordshire.
With sincere thanks
Christine Millar