Tuesday 11 March 2014

Butlins and Bob Carolgees

We've been a bit short this weekend, ... to be fair at 5ft 2 Ian's short every weekend.

Lots of the Coastguard Team decided to go on holiday recently and Brian came back today after a lovely week at Butlins.

Gareth: 'Why Butlins ?' I asked
Brian: 'Great fun, the kids love it and you get all you can eat chips, plus I get a whacking great discount'

Gareth: 'Discount?'
Brian: 'Yeah, I used to work there as a Redcoat'
Gareth ' No way! you're pulling my leg'
Brian: 'No, really I did; Bognor - Summer of 1979.
Gareth: 'Rubbish'

Brian: 'Honest'
Gareth 'Yeah right, what did you do then?'
Brian: 'Lots of musical theatre stuff ...once I worked with Bob Carolgees'
Gareth: '...and Spit the dog?'
Brian: 'Yeah, he was alright, good laugh, liked a pint'.



Gareth: 'Who, Spit the dog?'
Brian: 'No you idiot, clearly that was a puppet, it wasn't real'.
Gareth: 'Oh, you've just destroyed my childhood, I thought he was real.
Brian: 'He makes candles now..'

Gareth: 'Who, Spit the dog?'
Brian: 'No, Bob Carolgees'

Gareth: ' Liar, pants on fire'
Brian: ' I'll send you a photo, the camera never lies - but if you tell the rest of the team, or blog it, you're in big trouble'.


Brian - Back Row 4th from left,

Brian: ' You know Austen Rockett worked there too - back row 2nd from right''


*"This story was based on fact, well some facts, not a lot; mostly lies in fact.
Any similarity with fictitious events or characters was purely coincidental." 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I went to Butlins at Bognor & I didn't see Uncle Brian there!!
Although my parents took me at easter time & Brian say's he was there 'Summer time'. Didn't see the Rodger De Courcey either. Had to settle for Keith Harris & Orville that duck!!!
Questions/inquiries are ongoing,
that photo of Brian? If he says it's him it must be.