Tuesday 18 October 2011

Radio Interview - Richard Cartridge - Radio Solent

Sadly I missed the Radio Interview on Sunday, but if by magic I have found a copy.

I know Austen will be really pleased I found it on BBC iPlayer. (It will be available for 5 more days)



It was in a section called 'Inspirational Guests'....high praise indeed.

Following a musical introduction by Michael Buble, our new Sector Manager Allan gave a general overview of the Coastguard Service. I loved Allan's comment about dogs ...'They chase bunnies, and that's why they fall over cliffs' ....You know what, he's spot on! Scroll through to 1hour 11 min & 30seconds to hear Allan.

Following another musical interlude it was Austen's turn.

Austen provided a commentary on life as a volunteer, which again was good. Scroll through to 1hour 21minutes to hear Austen describe his 'hairiest coastguard moment' (not dog related)..... I'd second that moment given I was next to him and he scared the life out of me also!

I know the team are all looking forward to some inspirational talks from Austen at the next training session.

Apologies to readers for the Paul Daniels' link...it amused me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

any chance of a transcript being hearing impaired i miss the radio.......
keep up the good work, being a kayaker hope I will never need your services but its good knowing you are there in case of need..

Occasional Blog said...

At 1h23'58", did the guy actually suggest that Oz "go play the field..?"

Occasional Blog said...

Shudders.
Is that why we've not seen him since the interview?

Occasional Blog said...

I spoke to Radio Solent; sadly they don't do transcripts.
Thanks for your comment.